Joy and Nomi took the plunge and signed up for their first 10km running race ever in May 2010 in Singapore at the Sundown Race event...Then they trained for a half marathon in the fall of 2010, Joy's in Canada and Nomi's in Malaysia...Then, they finished their second-ever half marathon in Singapore May 2011 at the Sundown Race event, but this time they ran together!

Then their sporting paths diverged: Nomi went on to run marathons while Joy learned how to ride a bike. This blog charts their progress from 2010 to 2012.

Read their blog to see what their sporting adventures look like or just look at the pictures of Canada's capital city and Malaysia's capital city. You can choose the "follow" option or subscribe via email to be notified of updates. (You can start reading/skimming their first entries from the summer of 2010 or just jump right in, reading from any point you like. The "Archives" will be your guide.)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Easy Peasy Autumnal Recovery Run

Joy here...Well, Sunday was the 5km race (if by "race" I mean meander through giant crowds of people), and so we rode on our trainers inside on Monday for 60 minutes to give our legs a break.  My legs didn't need much of a break, but I figured that there's no harm in riding the bike.  So then on Tuesday we were scheduled for an easy run.  Now autumn has descended upon us here in Canada.  What this means is that one day it will be hot and sunny; the next day it will be cold; the next day it will be cold and rainy; lo and behold, the next day will be hot and sunny again; then the day will begin with frost and end being hot and sunny...etc.  In short, the weather is entirely unpredictable.  On Tuesday, we went out the door into a clear but very windy day.  When the wind was blowing cold air on me, I was covered in goose bumps, but when the wind subsided, I would heat up.  I was wearing black running tights, and when the cold wind howled, I was glad to have my legs covered, but then when the wind died down, the hot sun was making my legs sweat (sweaty legs = sexy, I know).
In this rather erratic and strange weather, we originally planned a nice, easy 15 km recovery run.  But out on the run, we revised that to a nice, easy 10 km recovery run.  Heck, if Wednesday is supposed to be dreaded "tempo" pace, then shorter and easier is just fine by me.

Here are my run stats for Tuesday's run:
Ran for a total of 56:11:50 for a distance of 10.02km with an average pace of 5:36min/km.  My average heart rate was 136 beats/min (which is in my easy zone).

Over and out,
Joy

2 comments:

  1. The pics are bee-you-tee-ful! And your pace is awesome too...i'd just keel over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha - what are you talking about, Nomi? That pace is the same pace you did in Singapore in May. I'm sure you could beat it now if you wanted...you didn't keel over then, and I doubt you'd keel over now! :)

    ReplyDelete