Joy and Nomi took the plunge and signed up for their first 10km running race ever in May 2010 in Singapore at the Sundown Race event...Then they trained for a half marathon in the fall of 2010, Joy's in Canada and Nomi's in Malaysia...Then, they finished their second-ever half marathon in Singapore May 2011 at the Sundown Race event, but this time they ran together!

Then their sporting paths diverged: Nomi went on to run marathons while Joy learned how to ride a bike. This blog charts their progress from 2010 to 2012.

Read their blog to see what their sporting adventures look like or just look at the pictures of Canada's capital city and Malaysia's capital city. You can choose the "follow" option or subscribe via email to be notified of updates. (You can start reading/skimming their first entries from the summer of 2010 or just jump right in, reading from any point you like. The "Archives" will be your guide.)

Monday, March 7, 2011

First Week of March: A Week in Review

March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb!
Joy here...Well it's the first week of March, the month when people in the colder hemispheres feel so freakin' sick of the winter time that they're ready to raise their fists to the empty sky in frustration, to kick over snowbanks in anger imagining that they are really able to hurt nature and make her pay for her sick sense of humour, to crawl into bed and not emerge until mid-May, to scream primally at anyone and anything with little or no provocation, and generally to grumble all day and all night.

I am no different.

I feel terrible, and this first week of March hasn't helped.  There's been freezing rain and dumping snow all week, and the temperature has fluctuated from -2 C all the way down to -19 C.  So if this is the proverbial March Lion, then that lion sure is a biotch!

Joy the jogging lion!



Below are my stats for my week in review:
Monday - Indoor bike ride on my trainer:  Rode for a total of 1:24:19 and burned 397 cal.
Tuesday - Ran outside in the snow and ice:  Ran for a total of 1:09:01 for a distance of 11.08km with an average pace of 6:14min/km.
Wednesday - Rest Day.
Thursday - A Triple Workout Day!:  (1)  Spinning Class for 53:56:54 and burned 816 cal. (2)  1 hour strength session with the trainer.  (3)  Ran for 1:00:01 for a distance of 9.82km with an average pace of 6:07min/km.
Friday - Went climbing for 1 hour with our trainer.
Saturday - Indoor bike ride on my trainer:  Rode for a total of 1:10:01 and burned 422 cal.
Sunday - Rest Day (although I had intended to do my "long run" the snow and ice made an outdoor workout impossible)

So the green text shows that I got three bike rides in, and while I hope that that kind of cross training will help me build some muscles so that when I run up the hills in my 30km run at the end of the month, I'll be able to do it without collapsing, but the purple shows that I only made it out the door for two runs this week, and I need to be running since, well, it's a running race after all!

Fingers crossed that the March version of Mother Nature cooperates and lets me get out that door for a good, long run today to make up for my lack!

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment