Joy and Nomi took the plunge and signed up for their first 10km running race ever in May 2010 in Singapore at the Sundown Race event...Then they trained for a half marathon in the fall of 2010, Joy's in Canada and Nomi's in Malaysia...Then, they finished their second-ever half marathon in Singapore May 2011 at the Sundown Race event, but this time they ran together!

Then their sporting paths diverged: Nomi went on to run marathons while Joy learned how to ride a bike. This blog charts their progress from 2010 to 2012.

Read their blog to see what their sporting adventures look like or just look at the pictures of Canada's capital city and Malaysia's capital city. You can choose the "follow" option or subscribe via email to be notified of updates. (You can start reading/skimming their first entries from the summer of 2010 or just jump right in, reading from any point you like. The "Archives" will be your guide.)

Friday, March 11, 2011

Snow snow go away, come again another day...

...NOT!  I'd rather you just melted and stayed the f@#% away for good!
March Snowbank
Joy here...Well Thursday was going to be a triple workout with spinning, followed by strength training with our trainer, and then a run.  But with 20cms of snow falling overnight, I had to throw those running plans out the door and hope for better weather.  Instead, I just had my spinning class and then had an intense workout with our trainer, who, I'm convinced, is a sadist.  I think she's really enjoying making us suffer, because suffer we did.  My arms and legs were shaking, and I thought that I'd face-plant into the mat after doing pushups.

The sidewalk I dared not run on.
She also broke my heart a bit by telling me that Garmie's readings of my calories burned might be a little bit off.  She says that there's no way that I burned 1,572 calories on Wednesday's indoor trainer ride, and so now I have to figure out what's wrong with my little gadget so that I can have more accurate readings.  Bummer.

Here are my ride stats from my spinning class (without the calories, since that seems to be wrong...alas):
Rode for a total of 57:57:14 with an average heart rate of 142 beats/min.

My 30km running race is 2 weeks away, and I guess it'll take me about 3 hours to run that distance, but I haven't done a run longer than 2 hours and change, and so I'm getting a little bit worried.  I'm hoping that all the riding that I've been doing and the interval training on the bike will help me out, but in the end, I have a feeling that I'll be doing a long, slow run and feeling a whole lotta pain in the process.  So on March 27th, spare a thought for me, okay?

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment