Joy and Nomi took the plunge and signed up for their first 10km running race ever in May 2010 in Singapore at the Sundown Race event...Then they trained for a half marathon in the fall of 2010, Joy's in Canada and Nomi's in Malaysia...Then, they finished their second-ever half marathon in Singapore May 2011 at the Sundown Race event, but this time they ran together!

Then their sporting paths diverged: Nomi went on to run marathons while Joy learned how to ride a bike. This blog charts their progress from 2010 to 2012.

Read their blog to see what their sporting adventures look like or just look at the pictures of Canada's capital city and Malaysia's capital city. You can choose the "follow" option or subscribe via email to be notified of updates. (You can start reading/skimming their first entries from the summer of 2010 or just jump right in, reading from any point you like. The "Archives" will be your guide.)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Joy here...I'm really really really hoping that old adage is going to hold true in my case.  Really.
I'm supposed to run at least three times a week, with one of those being my long run.  But, in fact, I've been lucky to squeeze out two runs a week (including my long run) for the past few weeks.  So it's not without trepidation that I realize my 30km running race is only 43 days away.  But signed up for it I have, and so quitting at this point is just not an option.  So even though I haven't been living up to my ideal training plan of late, I know that I just have to get back out there and do my best.  In keeping with this plan, I was out the door today for an easy peasy run in the clear, bright, crisp winter weather, and I enjoyed myself.  Instead of thinking about that 30km race that's looming large in the distance, I just thought about today's run and today's run only.

And here are todays run stats:
Ran for a total of 53:42:01 for 8.61kms with an average pace of 6:14min/km.

So that was a short run; that was a slow run; but that was also my second run of the week, so when (not if) I get out the door tomorrow for my long run, then I will have completed a 3 run week for the first time in quite a while.  And that's my little training triumph for now.

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment