Joy and Nomi took the plunge and signed up for their first 10km running race ever in May 2010 in Singapore at the Sundown Race event...Then they trained for a half marathon in the fall of 2010, Joy's in Canada and Nomi's in Malaysia...Then, they finished their second-ever half marathon in Singapore May 2011 at the Sundown Race event, but this time they ran together!

Then their sporting paths diverged: Nomi went on to run marathons while Joy learned how to ride a bike. This blog charts their progress from 2010 to 2012.

Read their blog to see what their sporting adventures look like or just look at the pictures of Canada's capital city and Malaysia's capital city. You can choose the "follow" option or subscribe via email to be notified of updates. (You can start reading/skimming their first entries from the summer of 2010 or just jump right in, reading from any point you like. The "Archives" will be your guide.)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Quick, Sick Run

Joy here...After taking Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off running because I was sick, I told myself that no matter what happened on Thursday, I would be out the door with my running shoes on.  As luck would have it, I was still feeling sick - coughing, stuffed nose, and scratchy throat - and to make matters worse, it was POURING rain.  Apparently the tail end of tropical storm Nicole was raging through my town, and so it was a cold, wet, rainy autumn day, and I was sick.  But I just could NOT take yet another day off and end up sabotaging all my months of training.  In part it was psychological and in part physiological:  Psychologically I knew that if I took yet another "sick day" then I would be on the slippery slope to laziness just as the last two weeks of training before the 1/2 marathon approach and Physiologically I knew that just getting out and turning my legs would be good for me.  So I let most of the day pass before I literally pulled myself out the door and into the rain for a short, little run around my neighbourhood.  It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.

My run stats for my sickie-poo run were:
Ran for a total of 16:01:51 for a distance of 3.05km at an average pace of 5:15km/min.

Today the sun is out and I'm hoping for a better, longer, and easier run, but at least I won't be convincing myself to just take another day off!

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment